‘Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.’
The toughest job in the world is definitely parenting. But it gets even tougher when you are the mother. A mother is quite unlike any other creation of God. She is a turbo charged machine on the job of mothering 24*7, 365 days and for life. Managing home, work and children who constantly demand her care and attention- mothers are no less than Super Women without the cape!
So we at The Uncommon Box thought that Mothers’ Day would be the perfect reason for us to celebrate the spirit of motherhood in the Uncommon Way.
This is the plan:
14th May this year is being commemorated as Mothers’ Day and this time on The Uncommon Box we are going to celebrate it in style and of course, differently.
So here is our Special Feature Challenge.
- Truly, when was the last time you actually expressed your feelings to Mother?
- We are giving you the reason and the excuse to get to that pen or paper, and express your feelings the Uncommon way.
This is what you have to do:
- Write a letter in not less than 150 words dedicated to the mother – (now she could be your mother, your sister who is a mother or even your wife who mothers your kid, or anyone else you see as a mother figure), expressing as creatively as you can your innermost feelings for her and what she means to the family.
- The letter can be in the form of a tribute, a confession or just an expression of what you feel for her.
- The letter must be accompanied by an appropriately themed picture.
- The Challenge period is from 4th May midnight to 12th May 10pm.
- Now here is the BEST part of this challenge- the best of the letters gets to be featured on our website as Special Commemorative Features on the occasion of Mothers’ Day.
- The letters must be only be submitted to our website directly using the submission portal link – SUBMIT YOUR STORY with the subject “A Love Letter To Mother”
- No emails or post uploads will be considered eligible.
- The picture attached to the document must be NOT BE more than 2MB.
- Please use the hastags in your document: #mothersdaywithtub, #theuncommonbox
We are looking forward to some amazing entries from all of you!
‘”Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.’
Picture Credit : Nikkhath Thouseef
We encourage all kind of talented piece of work whether it’s a writeup’s, articles, poems, sketches, doodling, painting, food styling or about fashion or travelling or photography.